Please be sure to take note of the terms and conditions listed below before agreeing to purchase with us:
- Wood is a natural product, and colours may vary significantly from samples or
physical products you may have seen previously. Natural wood features such as knots and checks are considered acceptable and are not quality problems in the end product.
- We choose wood pieces randomly from the stock we have but we will always try to match up to what you want.
- Our furniture is hand crafted, therefore you may find minor surface unevenness or imperfections which are evidence of our style of hand-crafting.
- Colour change and wood movement are natural features of wood, with tolerances of up to 5mm per linear metre acceptable for bowing, warping and sagging. This movement will often change with seasons and humidity fluctuations.
- A 50% deposit of the full quoted price on a custom order and any special charges is required once you have confirmed you are happy with your order.
- The full balance is payable once the work is completed.
- Payments may be made by cash, or EFT to the Fresh Timber bank account nominated in our communications.
- EFT payments will only be deemed received once reflected on our bank statement. Please use your invoice number as a reference when making payments (not related to online orders).
- All prices are payable in South African Rands.
- We are NOT a registered credit provider, and are not permitted to supply goods to you on credit terms.
- All goods will remain the property of Fresh Timber until paid for in full and received by you.
delivery and timelines
- Delivery dates given on order confirmation are estimates, and may change due to intervening factors. We will always keep you updated on our progress and any changes in delivery times and dates.
- All goods must be checked for quality once delivered or when being collected. Additionally, it is important that goods are checked on receipt for compliance with order details and quality.
- We use a standard service for the majority of our deliveries. Should you wish to receive your item that you bought online sooner, please contact us directly in each individual case to arrange this (any additional charges will be from your personal capacity).
- Standard deliveries are estimated to take 2-3 business days to arrive and we will keep you updated should there be any delays or changes.
- Our store is powered by WooCommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Our service is only currently available for South African residents.
- Please note all orders are subject to availability, and items in your shopping basket are not reserved. This means they may be purchased by other customers until you have completed all checkout steps.
- You can always view, change or delete items in your shopping cart before you proceed to the checkout.
- To be able to place an order from the website you will be asked to provide some personal details. If you would like to register you must provide your real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated.
- You are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current, and complete in all respects. Should any of your registration information change, please update your personal details by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may change registration requirements from time to time.
- You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
- Before proceeding to payment, you can review your order and make changes if needed. You are bound by your order from the moment you accept the online offer from Fresh Timber and the conditions thereby stipulated have been fulfilled (once the order has been submitted and payment confirmed on the website).
- Please note that the order will not be valid if Fresh Timber cannot confirm the billing and shipping addresses that you provide.
- All billing & shipping address information is your responsibility to check and ensure these details are correct. Fresh Timber will not be held responsible for any incorrect information provided on your part. Any cost incurred to ship these items again (to you or back to our workshop) will be from your personal capacity.
- Payment towards online store purchases can be made with a valid card or with a PayFast account. You will be required to provide payment details that you represent and warrant that both are valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing information provided.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation on your screen at the end of the checkout, as well as an email confirmation with the invoice of your order from Fresh Timber. We aim to be really fast at packing and getting your chosen item to you, so please note that once your order has been placed and you have received an order confirmation email, you may not make any changes to your order.
*If you wish to make changes to your placed order, or if there is any mistake made in registering customer contact or address details when placing the order, it is your responsibility to contact us ASAP at email@example.com
pricing structure and area
- Prices shown are currently only in ZAR and exclude shipping fees. The shipping fees will be added to the order in the checkout step and might differ based on which area your order is shipped to. The place of delivery is deemed to be the address that the consumer makes known to us at the time of registering personal details and placing the order.
*Should your area fall into an outlying area, we will contact you to inform you of additional charges or give you the option of a refund of the item if you are not able to collect it from our workshop based in Vereeniging.